Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Life: Revelation


Life is really full of surprises. Two weeks ago, i was just complaining of stomach discomforts. A doctor friend of mine offered to do a abdominal ultrasound for me. The results were not good and he wanted me to undergo, full abdominal CT scan. \i was hesitant cause i did not have the budget for that, it would cost around 8k. while chatting in Facebook, a friend of mine who i have not met for quite some time had time to chat with me, and i mentioned my problem. He immediately issued a check for me to cover the cost of my CT scan. Thank God for that. I had my CT scan last monday and we waited till wednesday for the result. When we got the result last wednesday, reading it, i knew it was not good. I asked a doctor friend to interpret it for me.
\He told me that i had Cancer of the colon, and has already affected my liver and lungs. i had that feeling it will boil to that. i told myself, now the time has come. And probably the Lord already knows what is best. i lifted my life to him. at this time, i am concerned with my son and how he will accept it. My wife is very supportive to me, and she tries to be strong. My friend doctor still is very optimistic and told me he wants me to undergo colonoscopy and biopsy. then probably decide whether to go for chemo and operation. As of now i have given everything to God. whatever he decides i will abide. i have informed my very close relatives and friends and ask for their prayers. i ask that i may be prepared and that i will have courage. i may not be that brave, but i remember my late wife who died with CA of the ovary who took it with strenght and courage. it is knowing the truth that makes you think of a lot of things. What i know is that, it is not in my hands anymore but it is in Gods hands, that is the revelation that i have learned this week. it all ends up with him. ...Joseph Edwin Vergabera

No comments:

Post a Comment